Now, that you have understood the importance of a cover letter, you must also realize that there are several important aspects that makes your cover letter interesting and increases your chances of getting selected. In this post we will be discussing all these points that will help you in writing an effective cover letter.
Important Points to Remember While Writing a Dental Assistant Cover Letter
- You are still a junior so stop boasting about your skills in your cover letter
- Keep it short, simple and precise
- Educate the employer in the first statement itself the reason for writing the letter
- Do not forget to mention about your educational qualification
- Show your eagerness to learn new things and get new experiences
Hope the above tips for writing a dental assistant cover letter help you. Now let’s take a look at the sample dental assistant cover letter below:
DENTAL ASSISTANT COVER LETTER SAMPLE
BRADLEY. J FLEMING
4596 Philadelphia Avenue,
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
August 24, 2014
Dr. Joshua D. Mann
Smile Dental Clinic
526 Hill Street,
Delta, OH 43515
Dear Mr. Mann,
Re: Application for Dental Assistant Job Position
I am writing this letter to express my interest in your current opening for a Dental Assistant job position. I have attached my resume addressing the position requirements. I request you to please accept my resume for your consideration.
With 3+ years of experience in dentistry, my comprehensive expertise allows me to complete patient care with complete success. I am confident that my contributions would be a valuable asset.
Currently I am working with Oral Care Solutions, Salt Lake City, UT, as a Dental Assistant and responsible for helping the dentist with instruments, taking teeth impressions, taking and developing X-rays, generating and maintaining patient records, and educating the patients about the prescriptions and oral hygiene.
Hope the detailed information in my resume matches your position requirements. Looking forward for an opportunity for a personal interview where we can discuss more about my eligibility for the job position.
Thanking you for your time and consideration.
Bradley. J. Fleming
Hope the above dental assistant cover letter sample solves all your problems in drafting your cover letter. Following the above guidelines for dental assistant cover letter and referring the above sample will definitely help you in writing an effective cover letter.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
Dental Assistant Resume Sample
Dental Assistant Resume Template
Dental Assistant Cover Letter
Dental Assistants are in charge for delivering dental care. Typical duties of a Dental Assistant include greeting patients, collecting patient data, scheduling appointments, answering to patient questions, sterilizing instruments, selecting and mixing materials, helping dentists manage emergencies, and adhering to infection control procedures. An important aspect of their work is educating patients on topics such as plaque control, dental hygiene, and postoperative care.
A sample cover letter for Dental Assistant showcases the following qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of dental technology
- Infection control and attention to safety
- Medical teamwork and multitasking
- The ability to work under pressure
- Bedside manner and empathy
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literacy for recordkeeping purposes
An example cover letter for Dental Assistant that showcases some of these skills is provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Dental Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Edmonds:
When I learned of your posting for a Dental Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an educated and enthusiastic student of dental hygiene with excellent abilities in a variety of dental practices and procedures, I am confident that I could make a significant impact as a member of your team.
My experience lies in achieving solid knowledge of numerous dental procedures while consistently educating patients on oral hygiene and daily treatment activities. From taking patient histories and reviewing procedural charts to facilitating dental procedures and monitoring patient care, I excel at coordinating seamless and positive healthcare experiences and encouraging a high volume of repeat patients. With my solid team-playing and communication skills, I am positioned to excel in this role at your office.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Achieving proficiency in scaling, root planning, fillings, impressions, applications, polishing, irrigations, and x-ray development.
- Operating a wide variety of dental technologies and devices; providing maintenance and sterilization of instruments, equipment, and facilities.
- Educating patients of all ages on proactive oral hygiene and nutrition practices to promote dental awareness and healthy checkups.
- Scheduling appointments, managing records, and communicating with team members to ensure an efficient and pleasurable work environment.
With my solid understanding of dental assistant functions and my commitment to providing first-rate treatment plans and patient care, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Cindy M. Rainer